Vacationing in Yogyakarta will certainly be enjoyable with a plethora of tourist attractions offered. However, in addition to that, Yogyakarta also has culinary delights that should not be missed. Here are 7 culinary delights that should be tried when vacationing in Yogyakarta.
- Gudeg. Gudeg is a traditional Yogyakarta dish made from young jackfruit that is processed with spices and cooked for hours. Gudeg can be found throughout the city of Yogyakarta and will certainly be an unforgettable culinary experience.
- Tugu Magelang. Tugu Magelang is a traditional Yogyakarta dish made from beef that is cut into small pieces and processed with spices. This dish can be found around Tugu Magelang, which is a landmark in Yogyakarta.
- Sate Klathak. Sate Klathak is a skewered beef satay processed with traditional Yogyakarta spices. This satay can be found around Beringharjo market and will certainly refresh your taste buds.
- Nasi Goreng Jawa. Nasi Goreng Jawa is a fried rice dish processed with traditional Javanese spices. This fried rice can be found throughout the city of Yogyakarta and will be a memorable culinary experience.
- Tahu Gejrot. Tahu Gejrot is a tofu fried and processed with vinegar and spices. Tahu Gejrot can be found around Beringharjo market and will certainly refresh your taste buds.
- Bakso Malang. Bakso Malang is a meatball processed with traditional Malang spices. This meatball can be found throughout the city of Yogyakarta and will be a memorable culinary experience.
- Es Cendol. Es Cendol is a dessert made from coconut milk, brown sugar, and cendol mixed with peanuts and pandan leaves. Es Cendol can be found throughout the city of Yogyakarta and will certainly refresh you after enjoying the warm culinary delights above.
Those are 7 culinary delights that should be tried when vacationing in Yogyakarta. Each culinary delight above has a unique taste and will definitely add to your vacation experience in this city. Do not forget to try all of the culinary delights above and enjoy each flavor offered.
Also, be sure to visit places that serve the culinary delights above well and hygienically so that you can enjoy them comfortably. Remember to always take care of your health and follow the health protocols set when enjoying culinary delights in Yogyakarta.
In addition, Yogyakarta also has many interesting tourist attractions such as Borobudur Temple, Prambanan, Taman Sari, and others. Do not forget to visit these tourist attractions during your vacation in this city.
I hope this article can help you plan your vacation in Yogyakarta and enjoy the culinary delights offered by this city. Happy vacationing and enjoy the traditional culinary delights of Yogyakarta!