Yogyakarta is one of the cities in Indonesia that has a lot of interesting souvenirs to buy. These souvenirs can be a unforgettable memories of your vacation there. Here are 7 souvenirs that must be purchased when vacationing in Yogyakarta.
- Batik. Batik is a fabric that is printed using the cap or hand technique that is typical of Yogyakarta. This batik can be found throughout the city of Yogyakarta and can be a beautiful souvenir.
- Gudeg. Gudeg is a traditional Yogyakarta dish made from young jackfruit that is processed with spices and cooked for hours. You can buy dried gudeg or wet gudeg to take home as a souvenir.
- Bamboo crafts. Bamboo crafts made by craftsmen in Yogyakarta are very unique and beautiful. You can find various bamboo crafts such as bags, baskets, and others.
- Cassava chips. Cassava chips are dried food made from cassava that is fried and given spices. Cassava chips can be found throughout the city of Yogyakarta and can be a delicious souvenir.
- Nuts. Nuts such as mede nuts, groundnuts, and other nuts can be found in markets in Yogyakarta. You can buy these nuts as a delicious souvenir.
- Wood carving crafts. Wood carving crafts made by craftsmen in Yogyakarta are very beautiful and unique. You can find various wood carving crafts such as statues, wall decorations, and others.
- Tempe. Tempe is a traditional Indonesian food made from fermented soybeans. Tempe made in Yogyakarta is very delicious and can be a unique souvenir.
Those are 7 souvenirs that must be purchased when vacationing in Yogyakarta. Each souvenir above has its own uniqueness and will definitely add to your vacation experience in this city. Do not forget to buy all of the souvenirs above and enjoy each flavor offered.
Also, be sure to buy souvenirs from reputable and quality places so that you can enjoy them comfortably. Remember to always take care of your budget and compare prices with other places to get the best price.
In addition, Yogyakarta also has many interesting tourist attractions such as Borobudur Temple, Prambanan, Taman Sari, and others. Do not forget to visit these tourist attractions during your vacation in this city.
I hope this article can help you plan your vacation in Yogyakarta and enjoy the souvenirs offered by this city. Happy vacationing and enjoy the traditional souvenirs of Yogyakarta!